Before you can use the remote recording abilities of Sky+ or Sky+ HD you need to set up a few little things that you may already have done.
Things you will need
- A mobile phone (shouldn’t be much of a problem if you’re installing my app)
- A Sky+ or Sky+ HD box. Regular Sky does not have Remote Record
- A landline to plug your box into
Things to keep in mind
- You should send your remote record request at least 30 minutes before the show begins
- These requests are sent to your box through the satellite and so they may not be instant
- Your Sky box must be powered on, but it can be in standby mode
Setting it up
Firstly you’ll need a Sky ID so you can login on Sky’s website.
Then you need to turn on your Sky box and press the Interactive button on your Sky+ remote control and press 1 for Sky Active.
Go to Sky Products and then choose Remote Record in there.
Choose the Register My Sky Users option. You’ll be sent to a page saying that you are about to be connected to a free number. Press Select to continue.
Enter your mobile phone number and press Select to finish off.
You should see a confirmation screen and now you are able to send Remote Record requests. Be happy!